Any child between the ages of 2.5 and 4 years who is independent in the bathroom and able to leave the primary adult without difficulty may be eligible for admission to the Primary class. Preference will be given to children under 3.5 years old.
Five year-olds without prior Montessori experience are admitted on a limited basis, as are children between the ages of 6 and 12, to the Elementary classes (grades 1-6). Priority consideration will be given to siblings of CFMS students and alumni children.
Christian Family Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender expression), marital status, gender, national origin, age, or disability.
- Prospective families look over the CFMS website.
- Prospective parents make an appointment to tour the school, beginning in October (adults only, except babes-in-arms).
- After a tour, an application for admission may be submitted, together with a $40 non-refundable application fee.
- After current family re-enrollment is completed in March, applications in the wait pool are reviewed.
- Spaces will be determined by the need to balance classes by age and gender. If a space is available, the child will be invited for a short one-on-one visit with the teacher in the classroom.
- Based on the teacher's evaluation of the child's visit, parents will be notified whether the child has been accepted.
- Families of accepted students execute an enrollment contract with CFMS. A non-refundable deposit (credited to tuition) is due upon acceptance. The contract covers tuition, fundraising, and co-op obligations.
- All required forms (health, emergency, etc.) must be on file, and all fees must be paid up to date, before the child starts school.